Thursday, December 7, 2017

Guest Post: Eve, First Matriarch


I am very pleased to welcome Angelique Conger to this blog. Angelique researches, thinks about, and prays on her interest in writing ANCIENT MATRIARCHS,  biblical-era historical fiction about the women who helped populate Earth. Check out Eve and other books listed below. Also, please read and enjoy today’s guest post.


Everything that has been written and believed about Eve came from men. Through the ages, men have reported the history. Men have taken responsibility for the knowledge we are all taught.
For some reason, (I have my suspicions why, but won’t go into that here) these men have determined that the cause of the problems of our mortal existence are a result of Eve’s actions in the Garden of Eden. They have even suggested she lured Adam to participate in a sexual act.
This is beyond understanding for me. Why would a loving God place two people he knows on this earth and give them a command to populate it, then damn them because they do the things necessary to obey that command?
I have read and thought about this conundrum for many years. I even tried to write this story before, though I tried to write as a narrator, telling the story. It would not work. The story would not come for me.
Only when I looked to Eve, writing her story as she told it to me, did the story come. I wanted to know the story from her point of view, and it came. During the months and years when I worked on her story, it felt that she sat beside me, whispering her story to me. For that reason, it feels to me to be an autobiography, rather than a fictional story. I cannot prove this, so I call it a historical/biblical fiction.
I wanted to know how Eve managed, with Adam, to give birth that first time. I wondered if heavenly angels came to help, if they had been given instructions before they left Eden, or how they knew what to do. Giving birth is a natural event, if you know how to handle it. But, did they?
Eve was my companion for the 3 years it took to get her story ready for publication. I’d reach a knotty point in the story, and wonder how they would solve the problem. I’d walk away for a time, then when I sat at my keyboard, the answer came. I transcribed her thoughts, her answers, her resolutions to her problems.
I asked what kinds of challenges a couple alone in a new world would face. That led to a search for the resolutions to them. My editor insisted I cut many chapters, because they didn’t help the book tell the story of her as a mother. I needed to write them, because I needed to know.
I miss the connection we had and look forward to the day we will meet again, in the next life. I will fall into her arms, as I do my own dear mother, and thank her for her help. Then, I will ask her if I managed to get any of it right.
Did you get your Free Story?


Now Available:  Eve, First Matriarch
                             Into the Storms: Ganet, Wife of Seth
                            Finding Peace: Rebecca, Wife of Enos
                            Moving Into Light: Zehira, Wife of Enoch

Angelique Conger discovered the wonders of writing books later in her life. For years, the stories of ancient women enticed her, challenging her to tell their stories. No one knows or tells the stories of these women, unknown in history, not even most of their names. Many of the stories of their husbands are unknown. Angelique tells their stories as though they sat beside her, whispering their stories into her ear in her series Ancient Matriarchs.
Angelique lives in southern Nevada with her husband, a bird, and two turtles. She looks forward to visits from her grandchildren, and their parents.




No comments:

Post a Comment

National Novel Writing Month Options

When   considering the many paths I could follow--since I write in many genres—for National Novel Writing Month, I thought about pickin...