Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Macy's Day Parade and All That


Happy Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday is less commercialized than many others. To me, Thanksgiving is an F-ing holiday (in a good sense): family, friends, food, fun, and pausing to realize how fortunate we are.

As a child, we always watched the The Macy’s Day Parade. I don’t know who in the family misnamed it, but it wasn’t until I was an adult that someone corrected me. Honestly, it was just a phrase I said, never thinking about the meaning. Of course, it’s the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Duh! The kickoff to the day of eating mindlessly. Gluttony is acceptable this one day of the year, but that was not always the case.

Much has been written about the real first Thanksgiving and how it must have differed from today’s gourmand gluttony. So I won’t go comparing menus and explaining how they couldn’t have had this food or that. Or how Indians and Pilgrims weren’t the besties portrayed in paintings. Others have run with those for years.

Instead, briefly, here are some Thanksgiving jokes to share at the dinner table or over pie later!  Answers to riddles below. Thanks, Internet resources, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Riddles:
1)   What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?
2)   What is a pumpkin’s favorite sport?
3)   What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
4)   What do Thanksgiving and Halloween have in common?
5)   What key has legs and can’t open doors?

Jokes:

A lady was looking for a turkey but couldn't find one big enough. She asked the stock boy "Do these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy replied "No they're dead."

A potato and a sweet potato were playing on the playground. The sweet potato told the potato, "Hey, I just found out I'm related to you." The potato said," No you're are not!" The sweet potato replied, "Yes, I yam."

My family told me to stop telling Thanksgiving jokes, but I told them I couldn't quit "cold turkey".

Hope your Turkey is moist and your stuffing in fluffy and when you're done eating you'll be nice and stuffy.

Happy Turkey Day, America! Don't forget to name the turkey and make everyone uncomfortable.

If I was a turkey, I'd be doing everything I could to taste terrible right now.

On Thanksgiving Day, all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment ..... halftime.

They should change the name of Thanksgiving to something more fitting like say, Turkeypocolypse or Stuffing-cide.

Want to really freak someone out? Add 2 extra turkey legs to the turkey when it's in the oven.

Riddle Answers:
1)   Rock
2)   Squash
3)   Pumpkin pi
4)   One has gobblers and the other goblins
5)   Turkey

Fun? Please share with others. I'm thanks giving to you!

Facebook: Check out @Good2Tweat for some Thanksgiving fun today in between basting the turkey and cooking the cranberries. http://bit.ly/2ATrOOk

Twitter: Take a few moments for some Thanksgiving jokes and laughter. If the turkey is still frozen, you might need it! http://bit.ly/2ATrOOk

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Novel Writing Month Options

When   considering the many paths I could follow--since I write in many genres—for National Novel Writing Month, I thought about pickin...