Thursday, July 20, 2017

Welcome!


All I need is another blog, but what the heck! With this new pen name I am launching another genre focus.

Caroline Adams writes historical fiction and middle-grade biographies of intrepid women. She/I have always been a history aficionado. That is, in terms of definition, not one who is “very knowledgeable”; rather one who is “enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime”. But I love learning, and the research I do for historical fiction is engaging and invigorating.

I have dozens of what I call “tickler files” with story ideas in historical fiction ranging from pre-history, biblical, Southwest Native Americans, the plagues, and onward, dipping into eras like sampling fine wines. A dilettante? Perhaps. I prefer to think of it as wildly curious about too many things to ever explore in this lifetime. I’ll have to reincarnate to finish them all up.

Hmm. Maybe that’s the reason for my passion for the past.

My first completed novel, Lucinda, takes place in two time periods with the chapters alternating between the early and late 20th centuries. It’s a mystery and a romance. What did happen to Great-great Aunt Lucinda in 1910 Athens, Ohio? I’ve met with some agents and editors who have expressed an interest in this book. Stay tuned for updates—the good, the bad, and the ugly.

My newest foray is writing middle-grade (ages 8-12) biographies about little-known intrepid women. I have been researching more than a dozen, but the first one I’m writing is Elizabeth Jennings Graham who, a hundred years before Rosa Parks, brought about the desegregation of the New York City transit system. Women like that should be known. I intend to bring their remarkable and inspirational stories to children.

In this blog, I’ll share stories like Elizabeth’s and I’ll talk about aspects of writing historical fiction and biographies.

I hope you’ll be back! And share the word if you like what you see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Novel Writing Month Options

When   considering the many paths I could follow--since I write in many genres—for National Novel Writing Month, I thought about pickin...